McGinley - Academic Dress Hire
McGinley Academic Dress Hire has 50 years of experience and we provide a professional service tailored to make your day special. We are the official robe makers to the National University of Ireland and provide robes for many conferring ceremonies in colleges and universities throughout the country.
Before booking your gown please read the following...
- You must complete your gown hire booking online no later than 4 days before your conferring or graduation event.
- On successful completion of your booking, you will receive a confirmation email outlining the arrangements for collecting and returning your gown. Please keep the email confirmation as you will be asked to show it as proof of your purchase when you come to collect your gown on campus. A print-out or electronic version of this email will suffice.
- If you don’t receive this confirmation email within 5 mins of making your booking, please check the spam filter in your email. If it is not in your spam folder please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, date of conferring or graduation.
- If booking with a Visa card you may be asked to complete the Verified by VISA process. This is a third party process from your card provider and all queries about this should be directed to the card provider. McGinleys are unable to assist with Verify by Visa queries.
- If you encounter Error: 501 this means your booking process was incomplete - please start the booking process again. Should this happen please let us reassure you that you have not made a duplicate booking and you will not be charged twice.
On the day of your Conferring or Graduation event…
- All gowns must be collected and returned to our on-campus location. Details of the location will be indicated on your email receipt or can be found in the table of events on the Useful Information page. Please do not call to our Little Island business premises as all operations will have been moved to campus for your convenience.
- If you missed the online booking deadline, don’t worry, we can still try to facilitate a last minute booking. Please come to our campus location on the day of your event 1 hour before your conferring or graduation and we will endeavour to robe you. Please note, the correct colours for your award may not be available for last minute bookings.
- The wearing of hats as part of conferring gowns is entirely optional in University College Cork. The university directs students to decide on the wearing of the hat entirely as a matter of personal choice without prejudice.
- A family member or friend may collect your gown for you but they must provide our staff with the correct booking reference number on arrival at our campus location.
If you are interested in purchasing your academicals please contact us at 021-4354496
Graduation Details Online
Monday - Friday
9am - 5pm
Open 24 Hours