Terms and Conditions
Due to Covid-19 and the pandemic we may need to send academicals to your registered address
These will be dispatched via An Post by us well in advance of the required time
once they have been sent please understand that they may not arrive on-time due to the
Level 5 restrictions in place at present but we endeavour to send on time for you
Condition of Hire:
- During the continuance of the hiring, the hirer shall be liable to the owner to the extent of the full retail price, against loss of or damage to the garments which are the subject of this agreement or any part thereof from whatever cause arising, whether or not such loss or damage results from negligence of the hirer.
- The use of robes is restricted to the person named in the contract.
- The company reserves the right to charge (in addition to hire charge) the full retail price for garments not returned, for late returns or damaged whilst in the possession of the bearer.
- Robes must not be taken out of the country and should be returned after the ceremony.
- Should you require to keep your robes after the ceremony, you must notify and arrange this with our staff when you collect them.
- The hiring charge for your academicals is for the day of your graduation only.
How to collect and return your robes:
Your robes will be prepared for you by our staff in respect of the information you will have emailed to us. Your robes will be available prior to the ceremony in the robing room set aside by the College/University. An automated email acknowledgement will be returned to you. This email constitutes a proof of your booking and payment where applicable to Mc Ginley Gowns. It will show the reference number that would have been allocated to the robes prepared for you. This email will be needed for the collection of your robes. Where payment is made online this will be securely processed through our PCI compliant partners Stripe.
A selection of hat sizes will be available to you when you collect your robes.
It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure everything is returned after the ceremony.
Any request for refunds must be received no later than 5 working days prior to the ceremony. The claim MUST be in writing and should include your email acknowledgement (if you have it), your College/University and Faculty, date and time of ceremony, a stamped addressed envelope. A €5.00 administration fee will apply to all refunds.
PLEASE DO NOT THROW HATS IN THE AIR AS THEY WILL GET DAMAGED